Building a Studio Shed in Richmond
The process to build a studio shed in Richmond is fairly simple and straight forward. None of our zoning inquiries regarding studio sheds so far have lead to studio sheds in Richmond requiring a build permit. However, like many municipalities, Richmond does update their bylaws periodically. Richmond requires an arborist to be involved in the project if the tree roots on your property, your neighbour's property, or the city/park property could be affected by the construction of a shed.
Our process to build a studio shed in Richmond is as follows:
- Initial site visit and measurements.
- Creation of site map with shed and other building locations.
- Arborist's site visit to determine if tree roots are present in the proposed shed location. If an arborist's report is required, then the report will have to be submitted to the city.
- Initial inquiry to the city of Richmond with attached site map.
- Elevations drawings based on zoning restrictions prepared from the client sign-off.
- Excavation for foundation.
- Construction of studio shed.
- Electrical permit
There are many different types of sheds available in the market today with different price and quality levels. Our sheds, however, are built more similarly to a garage or new home construction and meet most if not all of the BC Building Code requirements. In short, our sheds are designed to last as long as your house or longer provided you maintain them the same way you maintain your home.
To have us make your dream studio shed a reality, fill out our request a consultation form or call us today at 604.277.5535.
The all-in cost for a typical studio shed built in Richmond is between $25,000 and $29,000 plus tax.
DISCLAIMER: We strive to keep the information on our website 100% accurate, however we cannot be held liable in any way for the content on this website or any damage that may occur from using any content on this website. Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to these terms.